Rocket.net is one of the fastest growing Managed WordPress Platform’s in the world. We’ve taken a very unique edge-first approach to WordPress and provide our customers with the fastest and most secure environment for their business.
You’ll be contributing to the Rocket.net API and other backend services to support new product development. You enjoy making sure that all the logic branches of your system are well understood and tested and you focus on engineering excellence. You enjoy building APIs that are easy to consume and making sure everyone understands the lifecycle events of the services you build.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some PHP. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build out high quality APIs and web services providing a scalable, efficient and tailored set of interfaces
- Design, document and deploy public interfaces that are easy to consume
- Work with cross functional stakeholders including product, design, sales, and others to help break down business requirements into actionable plans
- Develop test cases and uphold standards of engineering excellence
- At least 2+ years of hands-on software development experience building APIs and services
- API and service development in Python
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Container based deployment and development with Docker
- Competent use of git and GitHub to collaborate in a team environment
- Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools – Atlassian Suite, GitHub or GitLab
Benefits and Perks
So what are the advantages of working with a pretty amazing tech company?
- Ability to work from anywhere in the world. You can travel and work in a new city every month. Work and travel without ever using your vacation time. This is a remote position.
- Flexible Vacation. Never get denied a vacation request ever again.
- Paid Education. We care about your career. We will help you gain new skills, and guide you on where you want to go.
Come work with a fun, driven, and amazing team at Rocket.net!
Rocket.net is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of our diverse team.
Rocket.net is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
We would like to thank each applicant however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.